Thursday, February 6, 2014

Jotting down my thoughts, while surrounded by laundry.. :)


It's slightly past 10:30pm. There's some makan-makan downstairs tadi.. and so me, walaupun penat and malas, tapi not wanting to look like I'm anti-social, decided to turun kejap just to tunjuk muka.

There's food of course.. but I dah kenyang pun. Had early dinner with Dods after work (since I skipped lunch tadi) before we went to buy our groceries, so I hardly ate during the makan-makan.

I hope it wasn't telling that I was bored. *Yawn*

But I can't help it. I was tired. Been working long hours the past few days. And I hadn't been eating properly. I've been taking multivits and cod liver oil pills, but still... the energy level deteriorates after a long day in the office.

Ooops. I'm digressing.

So yeah. I was mentally and physically tired.. and I sat with a group of housewives who chatted about their husbands and the kids and all the shoppings.

I did feel a little lost. I mean, what do I know of husbands and kids and shoppings?

And then... one of the Madams tanya another Madam.. "bila nak langsungnya?" (referring to the latter's daughter). Hmm. And then tetiba I rasa sedih. In my community, it all boils down to marriage kan. It ALWAYS boils down to marriage.

Women are supposed to be married and be absorbed in married life.. hubby.. kids.. sekolah anak. Oh. And stuff for the house.. chandeliers and carpets and pots and pans.

I was talking to someone about how I learned the meaning of "Assalamualaikum" during one of my Arabic classes, and then somebody interrupted and then they started talking about domestic stuff.

I guess, my explanation on the Arabic word wasn't interesting enough. Heh.

Nobody spoke about the impending by-election in Kajang (maybe Sudan is too far away from home?) nor the rising cost of things in Khartoum. And no one definitely spoke about the upcoming Liverpool-Arsenal at Anfield. Hahaha.

Oh well.

Made me think though. Yeah, kinda sedih sebab mereka semua bersuami dan mempunyai anak. Tapi I wonder jugak. When they look at me, do they sympathize sebab I'm like "an expired goods that no one wants", or are they constantly worried that I will flirt with their hubby?

Hmm.

Ok lah. Nak tidur. Enough rambling. Funny how I'm sitting at the dining table while blogging away. My laundry bersepah kat hall ni.. sebab ye lah.. I did my laundry just now before I went down for the makan-makan.. and I memang sidai baju kat dalam rumah. Hahah.

Pening kepala dah sebab berbau detergent and softener.. Hahah.

Nite nite world. And thank you God, for all the blessings.. and for all the people who made me smile today.

No comments:

Post a Comment